I cannot believe it is Day 60 of this 30 day experiment. In all honesty, I guess I have to stop calling it an experiment and call it what it is: a life change.

Over the past two months, I have developed some new habits and found new restaurants to frequent. I read labels alot more... anything with more than 8 ingredients, I generally do not bother. Have you ever read labels consistently? I work part-time in a retail store that specializes in high-end cooking implements as well as many food items. I have been shocked and disappointed in how many of the food items contain animal products. What on earth does CHICKEN STOCK add to a Artichoke Lemon Pasta Sauce? It's been an education. I have come to the conclusion that perhaps this high-end store I work at doesn't put as much emphasis on high-end food as I would have thought it did.

I have really enjoyed the cooking end of things. Although, I have to say I wish I had more self-created inspiration instead of having to rely on cookbooks so much. I sometimes follow recipes to the letter, but more often than not, I use them as inspiration and put my own twist on the creation. Most recently, I have made alot of sorbets. Who needs ice cream when you can have fresh berry sorbet, right? I just made a blackberry version which was really good. I took 3/4 raw sugar and combined it with 1 cup water in a small saucepan. I brought it to a boil, stirring constantly and allowed it to boil for one minute. Then I put the mixture in the refrigerator to allow it to cool completely. meanwhile, I take about 5 cups of blackberries and puree in a food processor, then push through a sieve and then finally through cheese cloth to remove the seeds (lots of seeds in blackberries!). Once the syrup is coll, I combine it with my pulverized berries, add it to my ice cream machine and let it run for 30 minutes. I have also read that you can accomplish the same result without the addition of the ice cream machine. Simply add the fruit and syrup to a large Ziploc bag, then put this beg into another large Ziploc bag full of ice. Then, take this bag-in-a-bag and shake it around for 30 minutes. Either way, put the finished product in the freezer and in an hour or so, voila - sorbet! Healthy, refreshing and most importantly - delicious!!